What is the BC Lift?
BC Lift is our alternative paratransit bus service for those who cannot use BC Transit's fixed route buses due to conditions related to their disability. The bus will pick you up at your home or location of your choice and bring you to and from your destination.
This service is mandated by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
How do I use BC Lift?
Apply for Eligibility
You and your health care professional will need to complete the BC Lift Application, providing reasons why and under what conditions you cannot use BC Transit's fixed route system.
Reserve your Ride
You make a reservation each time you need a ride. We will match your request with available seating and contact you back with your pick up times. You can reserve your ride by phone or online.
Board the Bus:
Watch for the bus at your scheduled pick up time. When the bus comes, board the bus, pay the $2.50 fare and enjoy your ride.
Where does BC Lift go?
- BC Lift serves areas within 3/4 of a mile around BC Transit fixed route service, which includes much of Binghamton, Johnson City, Endicott, Endwell and Vestal.
- BC Lift is an origin to destination service.
- Your pick up and destination must be within the service area shown on the map.
How much does it cost?
- $2.50 for each ride - exact change only
- Children under 5 ride free when accompanied by an adult
- Personal care attendants ride free (must be included in reservation, max 2)
- Eligible BC Lift users can ride BC Transit's fixed route system for reduced rates with your BC Lift ADA card.
What are your hours of operation?
- Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday from 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- BC Lift will be closed most major holidays.
Title VI Civil Rights Protection
The Broome County Department of Public Transportation is committed to ensuring that no person on the basis of race color, or national origin, will be subjected to discrimination in the level and quality of transportation services as protected by Title VI.